- Parent Category: Big Blue Saw Blog
- Created: Friday, 12 October 2018 10:00
- Written by Super User
Whether your're building a robot, a research project, or an electronics enclosure, we've got you covered with this week's sale. Let’s take a look at the discounted materials on sale this week. The sale starts Monday, October 15, and runs though Wednesday, October 17. Here are the 3 materials on sale this week:
- Aluminum 6061 in 0.125 inch (1/8”) thickness. Aluminum 6061 is lightweight, rigid, and weldable, with good corrosion resistance. It makes a fantastic material for baseplates, brackets, robotic manipulators, and much more.
- Aluminum 5052 in 0.1 inch thickness. This aluminum alloy has better corrosion resistance than 6061 alloy and has the added advantage of being formable. This means that if you’re going to bend or roll your parts after waterjet cutting, this is the right alloy to use.
- Stainless Steel 304 in 0.036 inch thickness. Nothing compares to the luxurious appearance and durability of stainless steel, so it’s popular for high end control panels, decorative pieces, and anything that’s going to be touched or handled. And this week it’s on sale.
Let’s take an example of the quantity discount. This 6 inch gear, waterjet cut from 1/8” thick aluminum, normally costs $88.80 in quantity 1.
During the sale, 1 of these parts is only $13.90, a savings of $74.90, or 84%.
Hurry, the sale ends on Wednesday, October 17, 2018. Any order for these stock materials, no matter how small, will automatically receive a quantity discount. Orders must be placed online to receive the discount.
If you’ve never ordered from us before, there has never been a better time to try out our services. Upload your designs and order now.