Big Blue Saw Blog
- Parent Category: Big Blue Saw Blog
- Created: Friday, 04 June 2010 11:00
- Written by Big Blue Saw Administrator
Mister Starshine was not satisfied with commercially available music keyboards. So he built his own keyboard using the JankÃ³ layout with hexagonal polycarbonate keys.
Here's a video of the keyboard in action:
The JankÃ³ keyboard design has 2 great advantages:
- All scales are played with the same fingering, no matter what key it is played in.
- It is easier for one hand to play greater intervals.
Actually, this is just one of many types of alternate keyboard layouts created to make playing music easier. But with limited commercial availability, it looks like the best bet may be to make your own keyboard.