Our press release is up regarding Free Part Day on August 6, 2008.
- We will have two stock materials/thicknesses available for making your part on Free Part Day: waterjet cut aluminum 6061 1/8 (0.125) inches thick and laser cut clear acrylic plastic, 0.118 inches thick.
- There is a limit of one design (DXF/PNG/GIF or Big Blue Saw Designer file) per customer.
- Designs are limited in size to 9" x 9".
- We reserve the right to reject designs that are too complex or can't be made on the waterjet or the laser. Roughly speaking, parts that will normally cost over about $8 each in quantity 1000 when ordered through the online quoting system are not eligible.
- You must pay the packaging and shipping costs.
- All orders must be completed through the online ordering process.
- Orders must be completed, including payment, on August 6, 2008.
- We reserve the right to refuse any free part day order.
- Keep in mind that the purpose of Free Part Day is to provide people with an introduction to Big Blue Saw's service. Please don't abuse this by attempting to go against the spirit in which this offer is made.
Start designing your parts now!
Updated 2008-07-23 with final material selection.
Updated 2008-07-28 with further clarifications on part complexity and terms.